On 20th July, 9:00am – 3:30pm we will be running our first free taster for the new Operational Excellence Peer Group for SME manufacturers. This group will run similarly to our existing peer groups and will focus purely on supporting manufacturing managers in achieving Operational Excellence.
We feel that people meeting the following criteria would be a good fit with the new group:
- You work within a manufacturing facility in the North of England or Wales.
- You work in an operational role and are keen to improve operational performance.
- You work well with others and would be open to sharing ideas with like-minded people.
- You are a learner that thrives on bringing new ideas back into your business.
Do you have anyone within your organisation you would like to put forward for the group? They are welcome to test the water for free on 20th July & 15th September.
The peer group will be chaired and facilitated by John Hardwick. John worked for over 35 years in the Pharmaceutical Industry for GSK, including a period as factory director for the Horlicks Factory in Slough. He is a huge advocate for operational excellence within SME manufacturing and has a passion for effective and sustainable change management.
What is Operational Excellence?
The Manufacturers Alliance approach to striving for Operational Excellence is more than just implementing the latest tools and techniques to improve efficiency. The most effective manufacturing businesses take a holistic view of Operational Excellence and are more strategic in their thinking and application. Good operational managers will regularly ask themselves:
- How will/is Operational Excellence support our overarching business strategy?
- Are we aligned with value from the customers perspective?
- What systems will we need in place to deploy, manage and sustain the operational improvement gains?
- What mindset do we need to embed Operational Excellence into our culture?
Are you and your operational team challenging yourselves with these questions?
Operational Excellence is about bringing your whole eco-system in alignment with delivering value to the customer, in the most efficient and effective way, that delivers the highest sustainable margin for the business. Tools and techniques don’t work if your people are not being led effectively and lack engagement. They also don’t work if they are not aligned with delivering value to customers.
The Hard Facts
With our new Operational Excellence peer support group, we want to deliver exceptional results for you and your business. We plan to do this by focusing on a few key areas:
- Deeply understand value from your customers perspective to ensure your Operational Excellence Strategy is built on strong foundations and you see tangible benefits.
- Support you in outperforming the competition on sustained operational efficiency as we emerge from the pandemic, to enable a lower cost base.
- Sharing the most effective tools and techniques – aligned with your needs – that have been proven to work by other similar manufacturing businesses.
- Support you through the people challenges you face along the journey and share best practice tips on managing change.
If this new peer support group focused on Operational Excellence sounds like the kind of group for you or a member of your team, please fill out the contact form below to express your interest and we will share our brochure. Places for this group will be in high demand and limited so please respond early to avoid disappointment.