At the Manufacturers Alliance we run a diverse range of peer groups for different levels of leaders and managers in the manufacturing industry. From owners and CEO’s through to emerging leaders just setting out on their journey. They meet 9 times per year for a full day with their own peer groups and come together as a whole community for a full day annually.
Every year the groups nominate between themselves who they believe deserves the member of the year for their peer group and why. It is done anonymously, and everyone is always considered and honest with their choices.
Interestingly, most of our winners this year have a few traits in common. Below outlines what a brilliant peer group member looks like through the eyes of our community at the Manufacturers’ Alliance.
- Progressive – They are visionary and constantly pushing the boundaries to move forward with new ideas, to move themselves and their businesses forward.
- Kind – They are empathic, supportive and friendly towards others and go above and beyond to help their peers move forward.
- Authentic – They always show up as their real selves and are prepared to be vulnerable.
- Resilient – They continue to lead and make progress in the toughest of circumstances.
- Contributor – They are committed to attending all of the peer group meetings and making a valuable contribution for the good of the group.
Another descriptor that is often shared when people vote for the member of the year is ‘a leader’ or that they ‘lead by example’. The above traits are a good example of what a good set of leadership traits look like, don’t you think?
The people who are voted member of the year are often leaders based on their example and not by their title. They display leadership at the peer group meetings in the same way they do within their own teams.
Congratulations to the 2023 Peer Group Hall of Fame
- Kate Hulley, Owner Manager at Belmont Packaging
- Gavin Astley, Operations Manager at Carrs Pasties
- Karen Keighley, General Manager at Tapeswitch
- David Rimmer, Managing Director at Unette Group
- Alex Grace, Manager Director at Banana Moon Clothing
- Simon Boden, Head of Supply Chain, Procurement & Systems Management at GCP Packaging
- Ian Jolly, Managing Director at Wheelwash
- Kyle Ludlow, Engineering Manager at Husco
- Sara Carr, HR Manager at Carrs Pasties
If you are a manufacturing leader or manager that would like to spend time and share ideas with inspiring people from our peer groups. Please click here to register your interest against the peer group you would like to be part of. Do the right thing for you and your business, and accelerate your learning with our inspiring community.
“You are the average of the 5 people you spend most time with” – Jim Rohn