Bio: Gary started out his manufacturing career on tools at BAe Systems back in 1991. He has worked his way through the ranks within a number of large manufacturing businesses, such as Gresham Office Furniture and Tailored Roofing Systems, and built up a toolbox of solutions he has tried and tested during his experiences. Gary set up Futurestate Solutions back in January 2010 to support manufacturing business with the implementation of lean manufacturing and the many challenges that occur managing the change process. He also launched the Bolton Manufacturers Group in September 2011 and has been aptly named Mr. Manufacturing for his efforts as an ambassador for manufacturing in many circles around the North West.
The Manufacturers Alliance. Why? There are 2 reasons really for me. One, I believe the UK can have a successful manufacturing base if we work together to achieve it. This does not necessarily mean setting up a new breed of super manufacturers but more about sharing intelligence on good working practises and new ideas in the market place. I see lots of great manufacturers every day that have almost perfected one area of the business, such as getting new products to market quickly or building customer relationships. If they had other business leaders around them that could help them structure better methods in the areas they have gaps then you have a business achieving results at an accelerated rate. Two, I love to see people reach their full potential and the structure of the Manufacturers Alliance ensures this happens. Surrounding yourself with other manufacturing leaders that want to achieve the same goals is very powerful and infectious.
- Favourite Leader: Nelson Mandela
- Top Books: Think and Grow Rich – Napoleon Hill, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People – Stephen R. Covey, Oh, The Places You’ll Go – Dr. Seuss
- Top Films: Gladiator, The Godfather Pt. 1, Ace Ventura: Pet Detective
- Likes: Manufacturing, Laughing, Running, Food, Music, Poetry, Family Time
- Dislikes: Sushi, Bungee Jumping, People who moan a lot
- Favourite Quote: “If you do what you’ve always done; you’ll get what you’ve always gotten” – Tony Robbins