On 8th August 2019, the Manufacturers Alliance will be launching the second of a series of free taster sessions for ambitious manufacturing leaders based in Merseyside. This will be the 7th peer support group run by the Manufacturers Alliance in the North, with 6 other groups based across Greater Manchester, Lancashire, Cheshire and Yorkshire.
“Business support in the 21st century is changing and the Manufacturers Alliance is at the forefront of this change. Our approach is simple, practical and has been driving our members forward since 2013. We are now on a journey to roll this out across the North West” – Gary Sheader, Founder of the Manufacturers Alliance
The aim of this new peer support group will be focused on the collaborative growth and continuous improvement of manufacturing businesses based in the Merseyside area. Non competing business leaders openly sharing best practice each month. Manufacturers supporting other manufacturers.
The new group will be made up of 12 – 14 manufacturing leaders that are on a growth journey, and keen to learn from others on a similar path. People who want to avoid reinventing the wheel and share best practice to accelerate the growth of themselves and their businesses.
Our host for the August event, Hosokawa Micron, an innovative business based in Runcorn, will be opening their doors to share best practice.The Hosokawa management team will be speaking to local manufacturers on how they have targeted the goals and the journey that has led to a sales process through to connected machinery in the field digital strategy. To illustrate this they will show the overall digital road map, and the detail of the Contract Processing Facility which has been set up as a demonstrator of Digital Technology available through Hosokawa’s own Gen4 technology.
The tour and demonstrations within the business will consist of:
- Overview of the PLM system implemented within Hosokawa
- Application of 3-D Design & VR/AR in the business
- Overview of the Contract Manufacturing Process
- Digital Twin of a Milling Plant
For this meeting you will be joining other local SME leaders that are interested in joining the Merseyside based Peer Support Group.
- Presentations from the Hosokawa Micron team demonstrating their digital journey
- Factory tour of the site to see how they approach improvements and their own growth challenges.
- A chance to share ideas with other local SME Manufacturing Leaders.
- A safe place to meet, share ideas and think strategically, with like minded manufacturing leaders like you.
- Solve your most challenging business issues with a peer to peer problem solving session.
- Develop new knowledge and leadership skills that will enable you to become a great decision maker and get the best from your business.
- Gain new insights on moving your business forward from our experienced Chair People facilitating this new group, Mark Rutherford & Paul Reynolds.
Want to hear the benefits of the Manufacturers Alliance from the horse’s mouth? Here are a few words from our members on the benefits of being a member….