On 6th June 2019, the Manufacturers Alliance will be launching the first of a series of free taster sessions for ambitious manufacturing leaders based in Merseyside. This will be the 7th peer support group run by the Manufacturers Alliance in the North, with 6 other groups based across Greater Manchester, Lancashire, Cheshire and Yorkshire.
“Business support in the 21st century is changing and the Manufacturers Alliance is at the forefront of this change. Our approach is simple, practical and has been driving our members forward since 2013. We are now on a journey to roll this out across the North West” – Gary Sheader, Founder of the Manufacturers Alliance
The aim of this new peer support group will be focused on the collaborative growth and continuous improvement of manufacturing businesses based in the Merseyside area. Non competing business leaders openly sharing best practice each month. Manufacturers supporting other manufacturers.
The new group will be made up of 12 – 14 manufacturing leaders that are on a growth journey, and keen to learn from others on a similar path. People who want to avoid reinventing the wheel and share best practice to accelerate the growth of themselves and their businesses.
Our host for the June event, Central Group, a local family run engineering business based in Knowsley, will be opening their doors to share best practice. The leadership team at Central will be showcasing the many improvements and changes they have made over recent years and their plans for the future. Some of these improvement themes being;
- Developing a new business model
- Strategy deployment
- The power of visual management
- How they have developed their leadership
- Operational and layout improvements
- New technologies being developed
- Their approach to managing change and developing the culture
For this meeting you will be joining other local SME leaders that are interested in joining the Merseyside based Peer Support Group.
- Presentations from the Central Group team on how they have improved the business performance over the past 5 years.
- Factory tour of the site to see how they approach improvements and their own growth challenges.
- A chance to share ideas with other local SME Manufacturing Leaders.
- A safe place to meet, share ideas and think strategically, with like minded manufacturing leaders like you.
- Solve your most challenging business issues with a peer to peer problem solving session.
- Develop new knowledge and leadership skills that will enable you to become a great decision maker and get the best from your business.
- Gain new insights on moving your business forward from our experienced Chair People facilitating this new group, Mark Rutherford & Paul Reynolds.
Ian Riley, Managing Director at Central Group said about the event, “I have been a member of the Manufacturers Alliance for 5 years and value the time out to focus on the strategy of the business. I am too pragmatic for academic style learning, but the Manufacturers Alliance keeps things practical and at the right level for SME leaders. I would recommend their peer support groups to any manufacturing leaders that prefer a practical approach to growing their businesses and developing as a leader.”
Shaun Sutton, Chairman at Central, shared his experience with the Manufacturers Alliance, “The support Central have received from the other businesses in the groups has been invaluable. We have learnt so much from sharing with other like-minded people. You just can’t teach this stuff in a classroom. You need to visit other businesses to learn how things are done in the real world. I don’t know how we could have achieved what we have without the support from the members and the Chair people.”
Want to hear the benefits of the Manufacturers Alliance from the horse’s mouth? Here are a few words from our members on the benefits of being a member….