The Manufacturers Alliance has a proven track record in supporting manufacturing leaders in achieving their ambitions of personal and business growth. We have a range of peer groups across the North of the country for manufacturers only. They are all facilitated by 2 experienced Chair people from the manufacturing sector.
As a member of the West Yorkshire Manufacturers Alliance, you will meet monthly to gain and share ideas / best practice with other ambitious leaders within your region. You will learn and share with others who have been there and have the t-shirt… no more reinventing the wheel.
Our goal is to support the growth of a sustainable manufacturing base in the UK. Help manufacturing businesses in developing a clear strategic direction, with a capability and culture to support profitable growth. This is one of the greatest benefits to our members who, prior to joining, may have felt isolated as business leaders, and in need of help to achieve their goals.
Here are a few words from our members on the benefits of being part of an Alliance group: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PimSJs6T0QA&t=5s
When you join as a member you will be joining a group of 12-14 other non-competing manufacturing businesses. Our approach enables a route to clearer thinking and better decision making for our members, as well as, many business improvement ideas from the other businesses in your group, so if you are an ambitious manufacturing leader that considers yourself a life long learner, we would like to meet you.
For this meeting you will be joining our current Manufacturers Alliance members from our West Yorkshire Peer Group.
- Factory tour of the Parkinson-Spencer Refractories site to see how they approach improvements and their own growth challenges.
- A chance to share ideas with other SME Manufacturing Leaders.
- Experience an interactive workshop focused on attracting and retaining the right people.
- A safe place to meet, share ideas and think strategically, with like minded manufacturing leaders like you.
- Solve your most challenging business issues with a peer to peer problem solving session.
- Develop new knowledge and leadership skills that will enable you to become a great decision maker and get the best from your business.
- Gain new insights on moving your business forward from our experienced Chair People and members.
Supporting the Growth of NW SME Manufacturing Businesses
On the 9th May, the Manufacturers Alliance will hold its annual conference to bring together all members from their six peer groups from across the North. This includes manufacturers from Greater Manchester, Cheshire, Lancashire, Merseyside and Yorkshire. Plus, we will be inviting guest SME manufacturing leaders that are ambitious and keen to learn from other like minded people.
The event is intended to showcase best practice leadership and growth strategies for SME’s, by using SME manufacturers as case studies. No big boys showing us what they can do with budgets in the tens of millions. Real life examples from down to earth people.
Speakers confirmed for the event are;
- Mark Brickhill, Group CEO, Klarius Group
- Neil Ashton, Managing Director, Packaging Automation
- Paul Bailey, Managing Director, Optimum Coatings
- Alex Grace, Managing Director, Banana Moon Clothing
- Iain Crosley, Managing Director, Hosokawa Micron
- James Baker, Chief Executive, Graphene Engineering Innovation Centre (GEIC)
The afternoon will include 3 separate streams running in parallel; Finance for Non-Finance People, Technology / Made Smarter and Leadership / Business Growth. The attendees will have a choice of speakers (3 for each theme for the afternoon) and can swap streams should they wish between sessions.
The Manufacturers Alliance Purpose
The peer groups we run across the North are exclusively for manufacturers only and have a proven track record in supporting manufacturing leaders in achieving their ambitions of personal and business growth. The types of people who gain the most from being a member of our groups are those that are open minded to learning new approaches from others and willing to take action to improve their results. They have found that learning from people that have been there before and got the t-shirt has a far greater impact on accelerating change and growth than years of expensive consultancy.
Please note: This event is for Manufacturers and is by Invitation Only. Due to high demand places will be allocated on a first come first served basis. To register your interest click here