We are recruiting for several Chair roles for our leadership support groups across the North West of England. The core purpose of the Manufacturers Alliance and this role is to inspire a modern approach to manufacturing leadership, so the sector can continue to thrive in the 21st century and beyond.
Since the launch of the Manufacturers Alliance in 2013 we have maintained steady growth and have established ourselves as the go to place for senior leadership development for SME manufacturers across the North West.
Your core role as a Chair with the Manufacturers Alliance would be to:
- Support the continuous personal development of our members
- Facilitate monthly group meetings (full days) of 10-14 manufacturing leaders (with a Co-Chair)
- Provide 1-2-1 Mentoring outside of the monthly meetings
- Support the Manufacturers Alliance in growing and maintaining a healthy group size
- Commit to continuously developing yourself personally in line with the role
Here are a few words from some of our members on the benefits of being part of a Manufacturers Alliance group.
The profile of a typical member for the Manufacturers Alliance is:
- Role – senior decision maker within a manufacturing business
- Character – open minded, learner, ambitious, no ego, sense of humour, happy to share & help others
- Business Size – £2m – £25m t/o or 30 – 150 staff
- Sector – any manufacturing sector
Our ideal candidates would meet the following criteria:
- Position: Retiring / semi-retired / retired Managing Director or senior leader from the manufacturing industry
- Background: Achieved tangible success within a small or medium sized manufacturing businesses environment
- High levels of emotional intelligence and a passion for helping others
- Ability to coach and mentor others to achieve success
- Good facilitator that is able to keep a room engaged
- Attitude: A life longer learner that would like to stay engaged in business on a part time basis
- Character: Self motivated, passionate, humble, optimistic, solutions focused, caring
Does this sound like you? If that’s a yes, we would like to discuss our Chair opportunities with you. This is a paid role with an immediate opportunity to start. Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and share the following details:
- Your Name
- Email & Direct Telephone Number
- Current Role
- Reason for Application
- CV or LinkedIn Profile
Note: You would not be on your own with the running of a leadership support group. Each of our groups are run by 2 Chair People. You will receive hands on support from our Head Office in managing your group. You will also have the opportunity to attend quarterly personal development sessions to continue your own personal development.