During September 2018 we surveyed our members to help us better understand their challenges. The high-level challenges that occur when you are an ambitious leader pushing for growth.
A typical Manufacturers Alliance member;
- Role; senior decision maker within a manufacturing business
- Character; open minded, learner, ambitious, no ego, sense of humour, happy to share & help others
- Business Size; £2m – £25m t/o or 30 – 150 staff
- Sector; any manufacturing sector
The survey helps us better understand the collective challenges faced by our members, so we can provide the support they need to move forward. The results may also help other manufacturing leaders understand the challenges faced within the sector. (You’re not on your own, everyone’s got challenges.)
The top 10 challenges faced by our ambitious manufacturing leaders;
- Becoming more strategic as a leader
- Having a more engaged workforce that are driving better results
- Assessing and getting the right people on the bus
- Developing a culture of continuous improvement in the business
- Accelerating business growth (turnover and profit)
- Improving time management
- Succession planning
- Getting to the root cause of difficult challenges
- Establishing a learning culture and developing people
- Reducing operating costs
Can you support these challenges? Our goal within the Manufacturers Alliance is to focus our support on these challenges and help our members become more agile in achieving their ambitions, however grand or small. We do this extremely well but know we cannot achieve this on our own. We are constantly looking for supporters of manufacturing in the North West to help us with our cause. If you are someone who can help us to address these challenges, please get in touch.
Are you a manufacturing leader that would you like support with these challenges? If you are a manufacturing leader with any of the above challenges, feel free to come along to one of our regional group meetings for a free taster, where you will be surrounded by like-minded people. Ambitious people like you that want to get on in business and can see the value in sharing ideas with a group of non-competing manufacturers. Our up and coming regional meetings can be found here.