Packaging Automation Ltd has a core team of employees from cross functional departments as Continuous Improvement Champions. This team support improvement activities in the business on a voluntary basis as well as carrying out their day to day roles.
These Continuous Improvement (CI) Champions have successfully carried out a tool testing project which has resulted in the business seeing an increase in profits and a reduction in losses. The assignment has also saved 142 annual days, allowing PA to work more efficiently and free up capacity.
- Tray Supply - Quotes were amended in relation to tray amounts and order dates, making them more relevant to specific customer orders.
- Tooling Disclaimer - A revised disclaimer was included with every quotation, resulting in an increased capacity due to reduced rework.
- Tool Test Standards - Standard Operating Procedures were created to standardise tool testing, potentially saving 30 minutes per tool.
- Tool Testing Planning - A tool test planning board was created, providing visual data outside the control room. This freed up time previously spent looking for information/packaging.
- Trial Process - The tooling guide was modified to include inline tools with new parameters to minimise potential issues.
Although the project turned out to be larger than the team first thought it has been deemed a huge success for Packaging Automations CI Champions, saving the company a total £10,623.